Mr. Narendra Modi government declaring Ram Nath Kovind as their presidential candidate, came as a big shock to the political circles in India. Mr. Ramnath looked no way in the presidential race, as names like LK Advani, Murali Manohar Joshi were heard and moreover they are very much knowledgeable and experienced politicians. Keeping all his mentors, Mr. Modi locked him. This is highly strategic political decision. Let’s see 10 reasons that constituted Mr. Modi to declare Mr. Ram Nath Kovind as the presidential candidate.
As per the 2011 census, dalit population is major in UP(20.5%), West Bengal (10.7%), Himachal Pradesh(25.2%), Punjab(31.9%), Bihar (8%) and Tamil Nadu(7.2%.). He belonging to dalit community is a biggest USP BJP party to target the more than 16% dalit population in India and win power in next loksabha elections. We already see all the dalit community leaders hailing BJP for recommending a dalit for Presidential candidate. No political party dares to say NO, if they say NO they may have to face dalit communities.
- Ram Nath Kovind served as a central Advocate at Delhi court in the duration (1977-79).
- Central Government Standing Counsel in Supreme Court in the duration (1980-93).
- Served as a Rajya Sabha Member from (1994-2006)
- Served as a chief of Bharathiya Janatha Party scheduled caste Morcha in the duration(1998-2002)
- Served as All-India Koli community
- On 8th of August 2015, he was elected as the Governor
- Close associate and believer of RSS ideology
- As an Indian representative to UN General Assembly, October 2002, he addressed the assembly.
- A hardcore supporter of Modi and Rajnath Singh
In short, Dalit sect and experience as a Lawyer makes him most eligible person to be President of India. Since its evolution and then in Atal Bihari Vajapyee and LK Advani tenure, BJP was known for its strong hold upper caste(mostly Bramhan) leadership. But, if we observe closely, after Narendra Modi entry as a Prime Minister, he started replacing strong Bramhin dominance( by keeping aside leaders like LK Advani, Murali Manohar Joshi and so on) with other sects. This indeed has transformed the complete political presence and structure of BJP, which ultimately led them to establish power in Parliament.